I don’t know how many players actually use and/or look for mods for WoW but I decided to start listing some particularly useful ones that I use. I’ve already mentioned PetExp2 in one of my previous posts so I figured that would be a good place to start.
Every time you kill a mob with your pet active, it displays a single line of text in your chat window. This text states the following information about your pet:
- the amount of experience gained from this kill
- the amount of experience so far gained for the current level
- the amount of experience needed to achieve the next level
- your pet’s next level (just in case you didn’t know 🙂 )
- how much experience is left to gain for your pet to reach the next level
- and the most useful portion: how many more mobs you need to kill if they are exactly the same as the one you just killed
The last bit of information gives you an approximation of how many more mobs you need to kill in order to level your pet — great if you’re trying to level a lower level pet that you just tamed.
- For whatever reason, the first time a mob is killed, it displays incorrect data. After the first kill, it works normally. It is reset every time you log in/out so it will always display incorrect numbers the first time after you log in.
- If your pet is the same level as you, it is not able to go up a level and as such, will not gain any experience. In this case, the text lines will simply not display in the chat window. (Don’t make the mistake that I did and think that it just wasn’t working properly. Silly Faeldray.)
- This mod has not been updated since February 2007 but it still works fine with the latest updates as of today.
Screenshot (care of The Unofficial WoW Mods site):
Download at The Unofficial WoW Mods site.