I wrote a post about my new blood elf hunter that tamed a ravager, a creature that can only be found on Azuremyst Isle at level 10. Here I’ve written a quick guide/summary of how I did it.
- Get to Undercity. That involves going into the Sunfury Spire in Silvermoon City and using the Orb of Translocation inside the Inner Sanctum.
- Take the zeppelin from Undercity to Orgrimmar. (If this is your first time doing it, it’s is located outside Undercity and the ruins on a hill to the north. It’s hard to miss. And make sure you take the right one.)
- From Orgrimmar, you then need to make the long walk to the Crossroads in the Barrens. (I knew the way from my other horde characters.) To do that, go south from Orgrimmar to Razor Hill. Then go west into the Barrens. When you meet a road going north-south, you can either get the flight path at the Crossroads south down the road (and then head north back up the same road), or follow the north directly into Ashenvale. Here’s a map of the Barrens if that’s too confusing.
- Then you have to walk north-west through Ashenvale and around the alliance town of Astranaar, following the road up into Darkshore. If you’re like me, you’ve probably already died at this point. No big deal, you’re suppose to anyways. What you are doing is called ghost travelling.
- If you haven’t died yet, you will because you need to get to Auberdine, an Alliance town that has a ship dock. So die however you want, don’t resurrect, and then find the dock in Auberdine. The boat going to Azuremyst will be straight down the dock (there’s sign posts if you get confused). Jump on the boat and sail to Azuremyst.
- Once you arrive, follow the road straight past the Exodar and keep running. There is a graveyard just off the right side of the road when it gets close to the Stillpine Hold mountains (map). Note: If you walked through the Exodar area, you will be flagged PVP automatically, even if you are on a normal server.
- This is the important part of ghost travelling. You must log off and then log back on again. Otherwise you could end up at the closest graveyard to where you died. And that’s bad.
- Resurrect at the healer. I find its best to put Tracking Humanoids on to see if anyone is around.
- You are now ready to tame. If you’re looking for level 10 ravagers in particular, ravager specimens are located in this area. Once you are done, you can either hearthstone back or ghost travel again.
There are some people who do not want to pay the spirit healer. There is a way around this. While you are still alive, instead of running through Auberdine, you can swim from a far shore out to where the boat docks. Once there, drown yourself and ghost-walk up the dock until you get close to your body. Once the boat comes, jump onto it and resurrect yourself. Then you have a free ticket to Azuremyst without the hefty spirit healer cost.
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen, Aithne’s Guide to taming level 10 Ravagers. It’s not hard, just a looooooot of walking.
Of course you can also use this guide if you want to tame other animals that can only be found on Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles at low levels, such as nightstalkers, barber crawlers, greater timberstriders, and so forth. If it needs more information, please tell me by commenting below.