New WoW Name Generator

I’ve been working on updating to WordPress 2.5 (went very smoothly, thanks for asking) and tweaking the new design (like adding Gravatars to the comments). More importantly though is the second part of my project. See, this new design is a school project that where I got to choose what I would do. My instructor wanted me to focus/improve on my Flash skills. So I put those to good use and created my own online PANDA WoW name generator! I’ll tell you, it wasn’t easy but I am happy that I figured it out. The best part is that the names and their categories are completely editable so I can add new names or even species at any time with just a text editor.

So not only can you generate names for your characters but you can also suggest names to be added to the list using the form located beneath the name generator. I’d appreciate any name suggestions and shortly, I will be posting a list of the ones I require the most. If this proves to be popular enough, I may create one for naming pets. Enjoy!

1. Posted April 7, 2008 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Faeldray, I can’t begin to tell you how much I like this. Name generators are so useful sometimes when I just CANNOT think of a good name for an alt. Very nicely coded too — your drop down box slides very smoothly. *thumbs up*

2. Posted April 7, 2008 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

ooh nice one! I think I may come back here the next time I have the urge to roll a new character which, being an altaholic, will probably be frequently ;)

3. Posted April 8, 2008 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

I’m glad that you find it useful. I can’t take credit for the smooth drop down box though; that’s just your standard drop down in Flash that I copied and pasted :P

4. Posted April 8, 2008 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Wow ! Really nice ! I’m gonna use it a lot. :)

Do you know a good site about Flash for beginner ? ;)

5. Posted April 8, 2008 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

@ Sellia: Flash Kit is probably a good start…can’t think of any others at the moment.

6. Posted April 8, 2008 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Very nice! I get a lot of hits from people looking for druid names and am planning to do a write up about naming methods in general. I’ll definitely be sending people over here!

7. Josh
    Posted May 15, 2008 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

I love this!
    Just a small question, the majority of the troll names have apostrophes, and the names can only be comprised of letters.
    Am I missing something?

8. Posted May 15, 2008 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

@Josh: That’s a very good question. The list of names that I started off with is actually from this name generator which is no longer in development. And for whatever reason, the troll names contain apostrophes; I suppose for lore purposes. So I leave it up to you to decide what to do with the apostrophe.

9. Carina Eriksson
    Posted August 28, 2008 at 5:38 am | Permalink

Excellent name generator!! Thanks for all the work you have put in making this! Especially BE and dranaei names are appreciated since no one else seems to have them. Great tool when creating alts!!!

10. Posted August 30, 2008 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

@Carina: Thank you! That’s part of the reason why I made it, because I couldn’t seem to find many other generators with BE or draenei names.

View Mobile Site