/stunned

First the poll for the pet name generator is featured on Mania’s Arcania here.

Then it’s mentioned on WOW Insider here.

I am now watching my hits sky-rocket through the air.

Because of this, I will be letting people vote for a couple more days before I resume work on the pet name generator.

…No pressure, eh?

1. Posted June 19, 2008 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

Congratulations on making WoW Insider! Awesome job again on PANDA.

2. Posted June 19, 2008 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Thanks Nina 🙂 You know what the funny thing is though? Everyone seems to be going to the PANDA generator rather than voting…

Oh well 😛

3. Posted June 19, 2008 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Current tools are more exciting than future tools, I guess. :>

Mania’s last blog post…PTR 2.4.3: Premades & In-Game Codes

4. Kiria
    Posted June 20, 2008 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I found your site from the wowinsider story! I love it. And I can’t wait for the pet naming tool. (I have a poor owl that has been awaiting a name for awhile!)
    Congrats on the “fame”! 🙂

BTW, I voted AND had fun playing with your other name generator! Nice job!

5. Posted June 20, 2008 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

@ Mania: Hmmm, that makes sense.

@ Kiria: Heh, thank you. I only hope I can meet everyone’s expectations on it.

6. Posted June 22, 2008 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

I would like to nominate “Hungryclaws” for the list, thank you.

7. Posted June 23, 2008 at 7:49 am | Permalink

Awesome Faeldray! We’re all proud of you and your work for our pets/hunters!

As far as the naming goes…I think the silly/serious works best for the following reasons:

Names from all over the world can be called “serious”…variations of them could be turned into “silly”…then you have the already serious and silly names like Tom and Candlejack.

Examples:

Serious: Caitlin, Monique, Senneth, Niquette
    Silly variations: Caitlinikin, Moniqueso, Sennshrew, Niqenelly

Serious: Jones, Tomkin, Jose, Phillipe
    Silly: Laller, Tallestone, tweedledee, tweedledumb, bluetongue

etc.

Best of luck on it all!!!

one among many’s last blog post…An Ode to DPS

8. Posted June 23, 2008 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

@ Cappy: Will do, thanks for the suggestion 🙂

@ One Among Many: You have a good point. It looks like that’s what most people want anyways.