WTS “like new” guild

First, some back story. I was playing Tkasha in Undercity when I received a whisper asking if I would sign a new guild charter. Tkasha is not in a guild and I don’t plan on her being in one, but I decided to be nice and sign it for him. I assumed he was just asking people, not expecting them to stay so I could /gquit later if I wanted to. He’s in Orgrimmar so I tell him I’ll catch the first zeppelin back. I get there, sign the charter, and he walks off without so much as a thank you. Eh…oh well, I’m not too put off by it. A couple minutes later, the guild is formed. I swear the guild is five minutes old when it all starts…

So it seems that my assumption was incorrect. The GM, seen here as “P”, thought that if he invited random strangers into a guild, we’d start being buddies immediately…or something. I responded to him only because I felt bad that no one else was talking to him. I did not however feel sorry enough for him to give him 10g, even though Wolfrider had given Tkasha a good bit of gold. I’d also like to point out that “P” was level 62 at this time. If you cannot farm 10g at level 62, something is very very wrong.

Two minutes later, this happens…

Heh…I guess I shouldn’t have opened my mouth. I did wonder exactly what was going through his mind; did he really believe everyone was suddenly going to become Best Friends Forever? I didn’t mean for everyone to get kicked out though >.>

I brush the whole thing off and continue on my own merry way for a whole two minutes.

I guess I wasn’t that much of a jerk. Still, I really should just ignore him and go on my merry way. But curse my bleeding heart…

Obviously he’s just using me as a test subject. Whatever, I don’t really care either way. But then the funniest thing happens and of course I somehow missed screenshotting it. He makes me the guild leader which automatically kicks him out of the guild. I honestly didn’t do it. I couldn’t be that mean to someone. I don’t know how but it happened. Seeing the mistake, I offer to give the guild back.

…Well then. I guess that solves that issue. As it stands, Tkasha is the GM and sole member of Broken Bones. I decide to have a little fun with this unexpected turn of events. I set the guild information to say “I’m so lonely, so very lonely, I have nobody to call my own…” and the daily message to “Hunter Bonzai!” While fooling around with the ranks, I proclaimed myself “Empress” of Broken Bones and gave the other ranks names such as “Male Concubine”, “Jester”, “Food Tester”, and “Foot Stool”. Ah, the fun you can have when you’re by yourself.

So…is there anyone on Staghelm that wants to be Tkasha’s Male Concubine guildie?

1. Posted June 10, 2008 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Take advantage of the fact that you can now have free access to your own bank slots!

Matticus’s last blog post…Addon: Instant Health is Pants Crappingly Awesome

2. Posted June 10, 2008 at 12:29 am | Permalink

Ha, I wish! The guy wanted 10g from us; pigs would fly before he would shell out 100g for a guild bank :P

3. Posted June 10, 2008 at 2:15 am | Permalink

I would love to be a ‘foot stool’ … I will have to roll an alt (bwahahahaha)

Great Green Hunter’s last blog post…Speaking of … yarhump

4. Posted June 10, 2008 at 3:15 am | Permalink

Yay! A foot stool for me! Although I wonder what kind of person wants to be a foot stool…

5. Bunnyfer
    Posted June 10, 2008 at 7:27 am | Permalink

That’s awesome…Honestly, I would keep the guild…muster up the cash, and buy a tab for the bank…then you will have all kinds of space.

I wish I could get that lucky.

6. Posted June 10, 2008 at 10:13 am | Permalink

I’m reminded of Illegal Danish…

Great story – I just might have to sign up as a Food Taster. And re: the bank slot – if you’ve got other characters on that server, buy the bank slot for yourself (if you decide not to actually have a pseudo-guild). Comes in quite handy!

Anna’s last blog post…Wanna join my guild?!?!?!?

7. Posted June 10, 2008 at 11:01 am | Permalink

I always love it when those people promote you to officer about five seconds after the guild is made and then expect you to be best buddies.

x_x

Pike’s last blog post…Poultry in Motion

8. Posted June 10, 2008 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

That may be one of the funniest WoW sories I’ve heard in a long time. What the hell was going through that person’s mind?

I agree with Matticus, take advantage of the free guild and use it for extra bank slot.

Ghosthoof’s last blog post…Serpentshrine Cavern

9. Posted June 10, 2008 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Tkasha’s only level 14 now and Wolfrider only gave her 50g, so it may be a little while before she gets the 100g for the bank tab….Unless I can convince him to buy it for me…*evil grin*

And Tkasha is the only character I have on that server; I created her pretty much just to hang out with Wolfrider.

Now that Anna mentioned it, I’m reminded of Illegal Danish too.

I think I’ve set the record for causing drama 10 minutes into the guild’s existence :)

10. Posted June 10, 2008 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

hehehe Nice one :)

Softi’s last blog post…Got ma kitteh!

11. Posted June 11, 2008 at 5:34 am | Permalink

Yes you totally win the Most Dramatic GL Story award in my book. Just…wow. I think he had some idea that people would give him money, and also I’ll bet had no clue that he had to buy tabs for the guild bank. Plus it seems pretty obvious that we’re either dealing with a little kid or something…not thinking very much? Not sure how to put it more kindly.

So did he already choose a tabard? If you don’t like it I think you can actually change it to a design of your choice. (Not sure about that though.)

12. Posted June 11, 2008 at 5:40 am | Permalink

Sigh, not “something” – meant “someone”!

I actual like the idea of Food Tester. Has more of a sense of danger to the job!

13. Posted June 11, 2008 at 8:16 am | Permalink

It’s a crazy world…of warcraft.

Your friend on that server could also benefit from having that guild bank tab (or multiple tabs). I know it’s definately awesome for a bank alt (though I know you arent one) to actually have it’s own guild.

=D

one among many’s last blog post…When will then be now?

14. Crypto
    Posted June 13, 2008 at 4:00 am | Permalink

There are several things of value you can learn from this.

Learn the guildmaster-only controls for ranks and such… you’ve already had a play with those. Invite some friends, or their alts, and play about with settings.

The first 2 or 3 bank tabs are “affordable” and give a fair bit of space compared to similar money spent buying bag slots on main and alt characters. If you trust your friends, they could share the access, and the costs!

Guild leadership has its own rewards also if you were to persue it and recruit people. Once you get a decent sized membership and appoint decent officers, things can run themselves.

15. Pablo
    Posted June 13, 2008 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Sounds like something my kids would do, but this one must be a little older. He’s aware enough to realize the need for bank tabs and that you can promote someone else to GL.

My son had a burning desire to start a guild. Nothing I could say would dissuade him from the instant friends and questing companions that would magically become available to him if he could just start a guild!

He started a guild…he promoted everyone to officer. Luckily he didn’t have enough money to buy a guild bank, so he couldn’t get raped that way. I went in and demoted everyone back to regular ranks. I think his Uncle is the only active member in the guild.

It’d be different if a bunch of his friends played, then there would be a purpose for the guild, and I’m all behind it. But he really just wanted one so he could say “I have a guild”. Twelve-year old logic.

I suspect that that’s what a lot of these start-up guilds are…especially if they’re running around a major city begging for charter signers. The guys buying a bank alt guild know to hang out in a starting area and offer newbies 1G to sign their charter.

16. Posted June 13, 2008 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Priceless!

See, nice things do happen to nice people!

Morane’s last blog post…The Arathi Highlands Gazette

17. Posted June 13, 2008 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

@ batgrl: A tabard! I had forgotten about that. I’ll have to design one the next time I log onto Tkasha.

@ one among many: Considering Tkasha has two gathering professions and sells everything white or better, I might just need a bank alt for her.

@ Crypto: It was interesting getting to play around with the guild controls. I’ll have to look a little more closely at it later. And if nothing else, I’ll have some fun just fooling around (oh wait, I already did…)

@ Pablo: Yeah, most likely some kid. His character’s name was Pwnage spelt wrong >.<

@ Morane: Yah for me!

18. Posted June 14, 2008 at 1:50 am | Permalink

Fael now that you’re a GM let me know if you need any tips!

=P

Auzara’s last blog post…Who interviewed whom? Auz Visits World of Matticus!

19. Posted June 14, 2008 at 2:47 am | Permalink

@ Auzara: You’ll be the first person I look up. Now I just need some members…

20. Posted June 16, 2008 at 8:16 am | Permalink

That’s awesome. I’ve made fake guilds for my bank alts, but this story takes the cake! Congrats on not having to do the legwork of tracking down and/or bribing people into signing! ^_^

Doodle’s last blog post…To Clarify

21. SIggie
    Posted June 19, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

LOL, you are lucky. A guild all to yourself. And not having to put up with the silly guild invites… or guild drama /smile.

I remember when I tried to start up one just for my grand daughter, daughter and myself. Could not get the signatures… oh well. Good hunting.

22. Posted August 10, 2008 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

LOL A footstool would be nice but i think only someone dumer than a bird would do that litteraly birds are dumb a million of them fly and the hit the house window and car windows their so dumb!!!

Featherkitty’s last blog post…Feign death

One Trackback