Updating Pet-o-holics Namerator for WotLK

So I’m reinstalling WoW on my laptop (don’t ask >.< ) and while I was staring at the progress bar inch ever so slowly along, I realized that with the new patch, there’s new pet families. Families that aren’t in the Pet-o-holics Namerator! This calls for an update!

I figured it would be best to not only include the Patch 3.0 pets but also the Wrath of the Lich King pets. After all, it’s less than a month away now. I’ve already added those families to the suggestion form on the Namerator’s page. This is where you come in, my fellow Petoholics. I need your name ideas for all these new and wonderful pets that Blizzard has given us. I need at least 10 for each family before I can add them to the Namerator. So please do flood my inbox with your suggestions!

While I’m at it, I want to link you to Big Red Rhino, a hunters blog that specifically covers tenacity pets both on the live realms and in the WotLK beta. Personally I love Grakoth, Niqora’s warp stalker, and I used Ihlos’s review of the tenacity talent tree to help decide where I should put his talent points.

And here’s a quick callout to Snake in the Grass, who listed me in her blogroll as a Pet Master, right under Mania. I don’t know if I’m so much a pet master as a pet fanatic. But I can quit whenever I want…really. >.>

*goes back to staring at the progress bar*

1. Posted October 15, 2008 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Hey Fae,
    Just a real quick question – since I’m considering a Warpy – do Charge and Warp share the same cool down timer?

Tzia´s last blog post…Brief WoW Break – Til Sat!

2. Posted October 15, 2008 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

@ Tzia: Honestly I don’t know. Since Warp only has a 15 second cooldown, it’s pretty much ready for every new fight, so I didn’t take Charge. I’m going to guess and say that they don’t. I wouldn’t worry about Charge since Warp has such a short cooldown and costs no focus.

3. Posted October 16, 2008 at 11:22 am | Permalink

I’m glad the review was helpful to you =) Love your site, keep up the good work!

Long live tenacity pets! =)

ihlos´s last blog post…Ask a Rhino: Roar of Sacrifice

4. Posted October 16, 2008 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

@ Ihlos: Thank you, I try 🙂

5. Posted October 18, 2008 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

Fanatics know more about their topics than most 🙂 – and I love your pet namerator!

6. Posted October 20, 2008 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

@ greenhunter: Hee hee, I guess that’s true as well. I’m glad you enjoy my pet namerator so much!

7. sentineil
    Posted October 28, 2008 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Warp and charge share cooldowns(as on 28/10/08), just got a stalker from nether stom the devilish blue-green one 😛
    coz of some glitch every log off i did, i found when i came back my warp unlearned charge from talents, and i had 1 point to spare, strange,
    warp is faster(reach mob in a blink, 50% chance to dodge next 3 ataks)
    charge is helpful in kiting(1 sec imobility, higher initial aggro)
    hope that helped Tzia

8. Posted October 31, 2008 at 3:03 pm | Permalink

@ sentineil: Thanks for the tip!

One Trackback

1. […] proper) the Namerator is in need of more suggestions for the new families. Faeldray has posted a call to action on Petoholics Anonymous: This is where you come in, my fellow Petoholics. I need your name ideas […]