I have him!

For weeks I spent almost every weekday morning flying around Storm Peaks. I picked that time because that’s when there’s the least amount of people online. However, it looked like every hunter and their mother were also looking for Skoll. Then…I got lucky.

I started muttering “Ohmygodohmygodohmygod” over and over again as I landed close to him. For a minute Niqo dashed back and forth, looking for the best place to start the tame. I was so nervous that I forgot to lay down a freezing trap before starting the tame. And then suddenly…he was mine, in all his blue lightning goodness. I named him Selamiut, despite the fact that I already named Loque that. It just seemed appropriate somehow.

Selamiut [SEE-lah-me-oot] is an Inuktitut word (used by the Inuit) meaning “The Sky Dwellers,” and refers to the manifestation of departed souls, experienced amid the stunning beauty of the Aurora Borealis.

It’s a good day to be a hunter.

1. Xian
    Posted September 12, 2009 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

One thing I nevre understood, is why you had to be a BeastMastery spec hunter in order to get these cool-looking pets even if it’s only for the fact that they look cool…

After all, they aren’t any stronger than your average pet.

• Posted September 14, 2009 at 10:25 am | Permalink

I’m not sure why. But it doesn’t matter because I’m forever a BM hunter πŸ™‚

2. Posted September 13, 2009 at 1:03 am | Permalink

Skoll is pretty sweet. Tamed him the first day the patch came out – no competition then lol! I’m desiring now Gondria – as I’m too cheap to every buy the Spectral Tiger mount card or lucky enough to win one!

I like the name you chose too.

• Posted September 14, 2009 at 10:27 am | Permalink

You’re lucky πŸ™‚ I think Skoll is the pet I’ve searched for the longest ever. I really wanted him >.>

3. Posted September 13, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Congratulations.

If I had a hat, it would go off to you. Instead, accept my metaphorical one.
    .-= Ninjaoctopus’s last blog… Belated Blizzcon Info Post: Better Late Than Never. =-.

• Posted September 14, 2009 at 10:28 am | Permalink

OOOOooooo, metaphorical hats are the best anyways! Thanks πŸ™‚

4. Pookii
    Posted September 15, 2009 at 1:11 am | Permalink

Welcome to our ranks! My heart was beating uber fast too and adrenaline was rushing thru my veins when I tamed him the day after the patch came out.
    Now go show him off to everyone!
    /claps

• Posted September 15, 2009 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Another lucky one! How come it took me so long to find him? >.>

And showing him off is exactly what I did. I brought him to the very next heroic for everyone to oooh and ahhh over.

• Pookii
        Posted September 16, 2009 at 5:18 am | Permalink

Especially when he looks so bamf in Bestial Wrath or when he’s in Prowl!
        My guild refers to him as “sexy.” Not sure whether or not to be offended that I, myself, am not the one that’s considered sexy but I’m proud on Skoll’s behalf lol.
        And yes, I just inform ppl he’s having a bit of an identity crisis since he’s not forced to battle for his life on a daily basis now that he’s become my faithful companion, and all he needs to to chew on a mob’s face.
        /grins

5. Posted September 15, 2009 at 1:25 am | Permalink

Grats I got him on my Hunter this week to Names him Skoll for now till i get to know him if you us pet emotes he thinks he is a cat πŸ˜›
    .-= Jeanos’s last blog… Patience young hunter, Skoll will come to you! =-.

• Posted September 15, 2009 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I know, it’s mildly disturbing. We’ll be standing together in Dal, looking all epic and imposing, and then…

“Selamiut meows.”

It kinda ruins the effect.

6. Ticalos
    Posted September 15, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

OH….i’m gonna get me an 80 hunter just to take that beauty.

• Posted September 15, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

A horde hunter right? *grins*

7. Posted September 16, 2009 at 7:42 am | Permalink

Congrats ! I’m still looking … once in a while … for Loquena’hak or Gondria. No luck yet … but my girlfriend got Gondria already ! Must be a girl thing. πŸ˜›
    .-= Sellia’s last blog… Oups … I did it again ! =-.

• Posted September 18, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

Us girls are special that way *grins*

8. Bregon
    Posted January 7, 2010 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Love Skoll….I got him, Gondria and Arcturis within 6 days with minimal camping on Hellscream. I’m a NE Hunter named Bregon if you want to PM me for proof.

Not interested in Loq..but will camp a spot while waiting for randoms, who knows.

With this luck, anyone want me to play lotto for you?

• Posted January 15, 2010 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Very nice! Congrats πŸ™‚

If you play the lotto for me, do I actually have to share my winnings? >.>