So many things, so little time

Twitch GravatarAs an aside, I finally got around to adding a favicon to the site (the little image that you see the address bar when you visit this site). Also, I figured out how to customize the default avatar so for anyone who doesn’t have their own Gravatar, you now get one of Petoholics’ mascot Twitch! (shown on the left)

On to other things, it seems I have no shortage of things to do in relation to this blog and WoW. I have to write the next part of the Valraen and Ticalos story, the next installment of Saraku’s history, and I really should provide more background on Niqora and Anuniaq in the least. Zulrea and Machalor could also use some RP love one of these days… I also have posts to write about raiding and other events that have happened recently. Oh, and more Adventurers of Kazi and Saraku.

In WoW, Saraku needs to return to help save some of his kin (AKA do the Netherwing dailies) and also get Crusader status so he can sport the Argent Charger (or the Warhorse, I haven’t decided yet). There’s also so much gear to get for both Saraku and Niqora, although Saraku needs it more. I also need to decide which character to level next. Anuniaq has been sitting at level 42 for a long time now, but Zulrea is 33-ish and I have to admit that I want to learn how to play a shammy. Blasphemous, I know, perhaps I should alternate between hunters and non-hunters for leveling? Although I’m not going to rush through the levels like I did with Saraku; I’m going to take a much more relaxed pace this time.

Oh, did I also mention that Bloodriver has been running old world and BC raids all last week and is continuing all this week as well? This is a ton of content that I’ve never seen and that I would really like to see so I’ve been trying to attend as many of them as I possibly can. AQ-40 is one epic raid by the way, which Kazi described on his blog (I’m the one surfing on top of the red bug).

And now for something completely different, I just want to ramble on a bit about something I’ve been silently lamenting about. Maybe it’s just my imagination but it seems that everyone else has someone they know outside of WoW that actually plays with them. They either have a significant other, a friend, or a family member that they can spend time with in-game. I have had people in the past to play with…but they never seem to stick around. The first time I saw WoW with my own two eyes was when my brother started a trial account. My roommate (who has been mentioned before as Mr. Paladin) was the one who finally got me to try it out, but when I rolled my first ever character (night elf druid), he already had a level 40-something human pally so I was left to my own devices. Mr. Paladin’s brother and my brother had full accounts by this time so we tried a couple times to make leveling groups together. That’s when all three of them quit the game at basically the same time and I was left with a bunch of unloved alts. I leveled by myself for the longest time until my brother decided to come back to WoW on a new Refer-A-Friend account. I excitedly rolled a druid to level to his paladin…which worked for about 15 levels. Then he started logging on so infrequently that I’ve all but given up on him as a leveling partner. Not long after that I was fortunate enough to meet a local WoW player who I became fast friends with. We talked about leveling some characters together and even managed to team up for a couple weeks…before he quit WoW too.

/sigh

I mean, is there something I’m doing wrong here? Do I have some digital version of bad breath or BO that’s driving people away? I don’t even roll new characters anymore when someone asks me to because what’s the point if they’re going to be abandoned anyways? I’m fine with playing by myself for the most part but I would be one happy gamer if I could find a leveling partner willing to stick with me for more than a handful of levels.

Oh well. Que Sera, Sera.

1. Posted October 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

Well, I certainly look forward to your next RP post-you write very well, from the what I’ve seen. 🙂

As for the shaman….DOOOO EEEEEEET! Shaman are amazing, and I just happen to have a level 32 warlock who I was going to level…

It’s a shame none of your RL friends seem to want to stay…I suppose the game is not for everyone, but it’s always sad to see someone just stop logging in. It’s definitely not you-you’ve always been a joy to group with. 🙂

• Posted October 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

*blushes* You’re too kind Kazi.

Hehe, I think I will level my shammy next. Almost every time I see one, I think “I really want to be able to do that.” I <3 totems too.

I don't necessarily want RL friends that play, just a level partner would be great. Thank god for Bloodriver and Carpe Jugulum. 🙂

2. Vlcan
    Posted October 26, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

You were always a real sweetie when I played. I am sure your next leveling partner is just around that next hill, tree, mountain, cave etc… Keep your head up 😉

• Posted October 27, 2009 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Awww, thanks hon. It was always great to have you around 🙂

3. Posted October 27, 2009 at 9:04 am | Permalink

. . . . Sweets. . . . If you want a level partner, I’d be plenty willing. *poke* If you decide to roll fresh, I’d dedicate a char to rollin’ with you! Just say the word. ;P I don’t ask folks to be my level buddy anymore either. They normally either stop logging in on that char or at all OR they outlevel me while I’m not on so much that there’s no point in teaming up anymore cause they’re too far off. The digital BO thing is an idea. . . . maybe I should develop me some digital deodorant. . . .
    .-= Kotabear’s last blog… Details to follow…. =-.

• Posted October 27, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

I couldn’t ask you to do that, you already have your wifey as your leveling partner.

And you certainly do not have digital BO even if it does exist. How much everyone loves you is proof of that 😉

• Posted October 29, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

*facepalm* Y’know, even I can admit that too much time spent with only the S.O. is not healthy. We really should buddy up some time!

And if that’s the proof you have to offer, then by your own logic, you do NOT have digi-BO. *hmph*
        .-= Kotabear’s last blog… The Details =-.

4. Pookii
    Posted October 27, 2009 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Well I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but you’re not alone. I had 2 friends who got me hooked on WoW but they quit. I had a few other friends later on express an interest in it but that waned. So now there are no RL friends playing WoW with me. /sad.

But my guild more than makes up for it! Plus a bunch of us have found each other on Facebook which is nice. I wonder if that makes us RL friends…?

Oh well. Just know that you have many, many, MANY fans all over who /love you to pieces and who would agree with me when I say that I’m certain you don’t have digital B.O. 😀

• Posted October 29, 2009 at 10:10 am | Permalink

*blushes again* You guys are too sweet. Here I thought I was doing something wrong but as soon as I mentioned it, all these people come out of the woodworks saying that they would be happy to be my leveling partner. I guess the only thing I did wrong was keep it to myself. 😛

The way I see it, there’s 7 billion people on this planet. What are the chances that the ones who would become your best friends just happen to live in the same city? If you can keep friendships across great distances, that only makes them that much stronger.

5. Xian
    Posted October 30, 2009 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I’d be your leveling partner, you just have to get your butt over to my server and bump yourself to around level 20 or so. I’ve a pally tank and a shadow priest around that level. Yes, they both have heirloom gear (none of my alts don’t) but we could still do.. something… >.>

*hides after placing sign that says “MOVE TO BLACKWATER! NAO!”*

• Posted October 30, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

But…but…

I feel so torn! I wish everyone was on one big server so I wouldn’t have to choose.

Except all the people I don’t like. They can have their own server. 🙂

• Xian
        Posted October 31, 2009 at 3:40 am | Permalink

One big server for everyone that is friends would be nice. So. When are you gonna MAKE it for us? Hmmm? *evil grin*